Markets can be long days, they can also be outside, and we all know how reliable the Great British weather is, especially in winter.
‘My top tip is to take cardboard to stand on. It may sound silly, but when you’re outside all day on your feet it can be kinder on your soles, and it gives you that little bit of extra insulation from the cold floor which will provide much needed warmth’.
Other top tips for the day from Esmé include:
● Take your favourite warm drink in a flask for the colder hours at the end of the day.
● Stay hydrated with water but don’t drink too much. You don’t want to miss customers because of frequent bathroom trips.
● Wear layers.
● Make friends! Talk to your fellow stall holders, this can be an informal way to build new connections and you can have someone look after your stall whilst you pop to the loo.
● Have a fold down chair.
● Take a craft with you. If you can make your product on the stall, that’s fantastic. Alternatively if this doesn’t apply, take a hobby project with you. It will keep you occupied during the quieter moments and will showcase how amazingly creative you are!
● And if you use interesting tools when making your work, consider displaying them alongside your products in an interesting way. People want to know how things are made and it’s a fantastic way of sparking a conversation that isn’t directly about selling your products.
Find out more about Duxford Studios here
and follow them here.
Want to see Duxford Studios in real life? Catch them this Christmas at:
Cardiff Indie Collective’s Christmas Market at Big Moose Café, Cardiff on the 2nd December. For more info, head to their site here
or visit their Instagram
Seekd Christmas Pop Up at One New Change, London, EC4M 9AF from the 6th December – 24th December. Seekd is the marketplace for unique, chic, eco-friendly jewellery & accessories that give back to people and the planet. Visit their website here
and follow them on Instagram